ACEC-NH spends a significant amount of effort, monitoring, evaluating, and testifying at the New Hampshire State Legislature on issues that effect the business and professional interest of Consulting Engineers. We are currently utilizing the service of Dennehy & Bouley of Concord New Hampshire (firstname.lastname@example.org) for our full time legislative monitoring activities.
- Association and affiliation with engineers to enhance engineering presence in the marketplace and promote engineering business interests.
- Interchange of ideas and problem solving with peers in management.
- Recognition of your firm and key individuals in the firm in the engineering professions.
- Marketing/networking opportunities.
- Professional development.
- Promoting and maintaining an ethical environment.
- Benefiting from the power of group activities, i.e., Qualifications Based Selection, lobbying, etc. on national, state and local level.
- Programs for decision makers that may influence projects from an engineering viewpoint. (Externally focused programs)
- Promote engineering aspects of local projects to community.
- Life/Health Insurance: Disability, medical (including managed indemnity plans, PPO’s, prescription drug card program, vision plan) plus life insurance and AD&D coverage. Cafeteria plans available. Administered for ACEC by Healthplan Services, underwritten by Trustmark. Call 1-888-813-7099. ACEC-NH does not condition membership on any health status-related factor relating to an individual (including an employee of any employer or a dependent of an employee).
- Business and Professional Liability Insurance: Property, general liability automobile, workers’ compensation, and umbrella liability. Administered for ACEC by Marsh & McLennan, underwritten by The Hartford. Call 1-800-338-1391.
- ACEC Retirement Programs: Tailor your plan with your choice of investment managers, record-keeping services, employee investment education and a variety of plan options such as profit sharing plans. 401(k) and money purchase plans. Administered for ACEC by Great-West Retirement Services. Call 1-800 521-9463.
- Discounts on rental cars, office services, etc.
- Peer Review.
- State and federal legislative activities on tort reform, liability, wage and hour, OSHA, procurement and many other issues.
- Training through seminars, courses, conferences and publications.
- Information from newsletters, magazines, books, etc.
- Availability of coalitions to pursue special issues.
Some opportunities for our membership are:
- Participate on committees, task forces, etc., particularly those which appeal to your interest.
- Contribute to meetings with input on topics that benefit consulting engineers.
- Interacting with members and discover common interests.
- Enhance the image of ACEC of New Hampshire so that members and non-members will view it as the organization they need to belong to.
- Improve our collective presence in the marketplace as a major contributor to an improved quality of life as impacted by our work.
American Council of Engineering Companies of New Hampshire
- Creating Opportunities for Business Development
- Getting Back to Business Basics
- Creating a Legislative/Regulatory Climate That Promotes Quality Desi