Marston-Finn Conservation Dam
The Moeckel Pond Dam was created in 1778 by Simpson Mill. The dam name has been changed to the Marston-Finn Conservation Dam, in honor of two contributors who helped finance the construction of the new dam. For over 200 years, Moeckel Pond was a source of food and rest for migrating waterfowl, and a supply of water for the abundant wildlife in the surrounding woods. In 2010, in response to the July 21, 2010 Administrative Order No. 10-018 WD, the impoundment was drained by removing all stoplogs and dismantling the low-level outlets after years of no responsive action to New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) Dam Bureau notices of deficiencies regarding the integrity of the dam. This resulted in substantial negative impacts to wildlife, waterfowl, and water for fire protection.